Thursday, August 12, 2004

I agree: fuck 'em

Jonathan Mayhem (oh god, look at that typo!) says fuck 'em, re Ammons and Carruth. news at 11. okay, I paraphrase slightly. he says he doesn't like them, and doesn't care that he doesn't like them, or that he doesn't feel guilty about this dislike. [drop me a line, by the way, if you would like me to paraphrase you]. [note: go here to find out what he really wrote, as of 8/5, and how he spells his name].I do NOT, love poetry, not in the way I love Irish music. sloppy Irish music is still fun. sloppy poetry is irritating, even distressing. I love the surprise of whatever works in poetry, whatever makes it 'good'. I don't need to be vituperative about my preferences, tho admittedly I am. but I don't feel guilty that just the thought of X, Y, Z (you've read them all too) makes my eyes focus on a future of blurred lamps feeding Arnold Schwartzenegger's implanted dull ripostes. you know what I'm saying?

No comments: