Wednesday, May 18, 2005

just looked out the window to see a coyote skip thru. pretty sure it is not fox. coyotes, I believe, are more doggish than foxes, which are more cattish. long ago I was running thru the woods when I jammed my ankle. common occurence, but I yelped and fussed. then I looked up to see a fox. it just looked at me curiously for a moment, checking me out, then it started to slink away. I whistled at it, and it turned to look at me again. our little moment. the coyote looked kinda yellowish but, as I said, not foxlike. our cat's sibling is out there somewhere. several years ago we heard caterwauling. I looked out the window and saw a cat yowling at me. Beth at the door called me. there we saw both the cat and a kitten. the kitten immediately ran towards us and the cat ran away. here's your new cat. barely a handful in size. took him a while to accept us, he spent the night under the steps for a couple weeks, but happily ate whatever food we offered. eventually he adopted us. and has zero interest in going out which, in light of owls, coyote, hawks and rabbits with great nasty teeth, was our plan. a brother who looks like him roams hereabouts. whether or not he has permanent sleeping arrangements, he at least looks like he's eating well.

No comments: