Monday, May 23, 2005

we 3 plus Erin's friend saw Revenge of the Sith. it's just a movie. it was visual, hyperkinetic, wanting. whenever Natalie Portman was on screen, it was okay to go get popcorn. not a slur on her, but the words she was given to say. George Lucas versus do I have to. welcome to movies, your world. it always bothered me that a Muppet (voiced by Miss Piggy) was a central character in this malarkey. I thought the light sabre battles were stupid just as I thought the Matrix battles were. flash flash no rules flash. I would just as soon they eschew plot and just show the worlds, with rockets flittering about and all that. the demand that I care about the characters is pretty presumptuous. if Lucas left it at nerve candy, well and good. it is well and good enough as it is, it was entertaining enough. just not worth much discussion.

No comments: