Monday, November 22, 2004

Chris's comments on Jukka's vispo are sharp, and certainly better spoken than I could do. it is interesting to take Jukka's several blog projects together. there's a sense of experimention with them that I think of as more scientific than avant-garde. tho his interest is aesthetic, of course, there's a formal curiosity at work that strikes me as scientific. I mean nothing pejorative here, it's a close attention and a working. Jukka offers hypothetical questions such as, what are words without meaning, and, how much does syntax hold us together, then proceeds to experiment. the motivation is artistic in the sense of pleasure involved. as is pretty evident here, I have a stupid curiosity. I do not 'think it thru', I ride it. which is just another way.

No comments: