Monday, March 14, 2005

wiser and more eloquent people than me have already fired off about The American Thinker article mentioned below and located here. I find this sort of cunning writing nearly impossible to read. it is cunning in about the stupidest way possible, with informative sneers in almost every phrase. it is not just the opinion that Ms Lappen raises that angers and irritates but the scurrilous manner of her argument. by rights, one should just respond by saying, come back when you've grown up enough to make a reasonable argument. of course the inherent issue is serious, and one should always stay on one's toes (or, I guess, someone will be on your toes). this is the kind of half-reasoned but biting commentary that has turned the Poetics List into a sad place of umbrage and confusion. I mean, I just hate bad writing, cheap writing like this. that's the issue for me, the smoke and mirrors crap. a proudly ignorant fear such as Ms Lappen displays can do all sorts of damage. HUAC!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah