Monday, September 25, 2006

Erin and I attended another Magic Card tournament, this time at an exurban location. front desk directed us thru the courtyard. this route sent us practically thru an Indian wedding ceremony. wow, that was eyepopping. almost everyone, including the many children, wore fabulously colourful clothing. the courtyard features lots of plants and fountainns (this was at a Holiday Inn), as well as the pool. great setting, and terrifically decorated. Erin and I proceeded to get lost, ended up circumnavigating the building. at the entrance to the tournament hall, and pardon what seems like a cliche, odour of body was pronounced. I saw a few there who fit the figment, who look like their diet consists of pizza and Mountain Dew and that they don't see the sun very often, but mostly you can't really peg a Magic Card enthusiast by any easy fieldmarks. tho there is a consistly eager and intent look on Magic Card players when game is on, and players, not playas, are generously represented by the male sex. I won't say I don't get it, because Magic cards are both a complex and ever-evolving game AND a collectible, I just lack the aesthetic to appreciate. I don't enjoy games generally. Erin and I hung out, waiting for his flight to begin. once it did, I wandered off in search of food and adventure. well, no adventure. the food was a snack machine. I got a few items to keep Erin's strength up (not Dew). just down the hall the wedding guests were partaking of a feast of Indian food, which wasn't fair. by that time the childen were ready to run around. a few represetatives from the Magic Hall of Fame were in attendance. these were players who'd won a lot of tournaments. for a fee you could play these guys. as I sat there, I saw one guy come back to his friends after his flight ended and said, I just got beat by an actual retard. his friend asked for details, but I couldn't hear. probably the retard simply outthunk him. Erin lost in his flight. to play, everyone is given an unopened deck of random Magic cards to play with, so there's luck as well as skill involved. it all looks sorta fun but expensive if you let it. I should mench, just to prove that there's something to the image, that pizza deliveries were continuous.

No comments: