Tuesday, April 10, 2007

a lovely web art piece by Joel Weishaus. largely textual but compelling visually. I like the fonts he uses, the use of graphics, and how hovering the cursor over certain words and phrases reveals more. this goes to the discussion of translating online work to print. a piece like this definitively utilizes the capabilities and possibilities of the net, despite its textual nature. reminds me that a poem isn't so easily defined, and that the limits we place are the limits we suffer. I'm not sure how they relate but Jack Kimball's divagations on Robert Kelley and blogging and such (here and here )come to my mind. something about unfreezing oneself artistically, something about confronting limits. Jack's unfinished in his thoughts, so I'm allowed likewise.

No comments: