Thursday, April 15, 2004

well really, the comments field is dangerous. what if no one comments? how super sad. I look askance at the idea that this is community building. it's a network of claimants. which is okay, this is one way to work. but it's more like a gated community than singing "Let's Get Together" together. I had fun trying to figure out how to get the comments going. it's the little victories. I will announce this blog and R&S on poetics, just to make myself serious. I maintained pretty intensively a journal that I wrote with the idea that it could be read by others. I was comfortable with the level of revelation, it was writerly rather than outpouring. I riffed on whatever, books, music, movies, tv shows. at that time, it comprise the greater part of my writing. I wrote much less poetry then. now I'm watching little television and movies, and my reading is skittery tho busy. this blog will wander on its course. it occurs to me that I will have to spin on Skip Spence here, I still have that buzz.

No comments: