Sunday, May 16, 2004

I'm here to disappoint

Google searches try their darnedest, but still people looking for regular info find themselves at Rockets&Sentries. someone searched for John Kerry and Fess Parker and were offered my blog as an answer. not sure what question lurks in that pairing. someone also sought Anthony Kiedis. I guess I can tell my Fess Parker story here. Fess came to give a presentation at the wine company I worked at. I was working on a project and could not take in his presentation. golly, but excited people, especially the older women in the company. Fess, I like to call him Fess, came into the store after his presentation, saw me, came over and said, hi I'm Fess Parker, we didn't get to meet earlier, and shook my hand. sheesh. he was in his 60s, very tall, with that warm accent. the number of times winery reps have made don't bother judgments because I looked seedy or whatever, but Fess just came over like regular folks. another brush with fame: at the Pariots Day parade in Concord, Mass, once, near the Bridge, a procession of worthies, among them, Ted Kennedy and 2nd wife. it was more like a perp walk because the crowd was separated only by a rope from the marchers, and were very excited to see someone with such a red nose. this parade is a good place to view the habits of the tweed wearing bunch, by the way. people were proffering their hands to Ted for ritual handshakes, and because he was so close and everyone else was doing it, I saw my hand dart out expectantly. luckily my brain kicked in, and I pulled back my hand before I could succumb to an early morning martini-tinged contact high. I didn't need the blessing.

No comments: