Thursday, September 09, 2004

I ordered--yes I commande--the library to send me some HD books. all I own by her is Selected Poems. which requires more than the cursory search thru my books that I've so far made for it. I've read, in the day, quite a bit by her but it's been a while. tho not her Freud book, which I have coming. psyched about that. I was pleased that New Directions finally produced a collected poems. I realize such aren't always the berries, but they tend to be economical, plus tracking down such and like can be difficult. if a lump of money falls my way, I may invest in HD. I like her early lyrics. the longer works may be pressed too hard into a mystifying corner. that's the impression I remember. I can see the early HD being amuse for Pound, and the late HD one for Duncan. by muse I mean inspiration and influence.

No comments: