Thursday, October 14, 2004

here's a good rehash of the debates, with details and links and stuff. I suppose there are scads of bloggers cogitating and writing upon the debates. I aint up on the mall but this one works for me. I have to keep reminding myself that respecting the candidate (like I respect, say, the Dalai Lama) is not a necessity. I recognize that something's gotta move. the only president I think I admire as a person is Jimmy Carter, and it's not like I want to buy his next poetry book. just that I think he's an okay guy, as opposed to the various forms of sludge that followed him. and it's not to say he was a particularly good president, I dunno from that. all of them presided over some manner of imperialism in the great green world out there. maybe there's something basically wrong in our national concepts, or what.

No comments: