Friday, January 14, 2005

it took quite a while to diddle up the flarfy Lohan piece yesterday. I know it's not technique like metre is, but it is working within a sensibility if not a format. I was, obviously, using found phrases, phrases I more or less sought, that would fit my 'idea'. writing thus rather than a point A to point B ride. I would like to read deeply but weariness and distraction don't allow it. flarf makes use of the superficial, which is where I am at this time. some years ago I wrote a story about Jennifer Love Hewitt meeting Satan, back when she was dating that Carson guy on Empty V. it was important that I 'have my facts straight' re JLH. I did similar with Lindsay Lohan. so searches, searches. into the belly of the beast, really. with JLH, it ws either pix or promo, little bio. I found lots more gossip wih LL, and bio, along with the other crap. aside from a biography of Grover Cleveland Alexander (the pitcher) that I'll never do, I've always wanted to do a bio of some 2nd rate celeb. with the facts straight, however funny my approach might be.

No comments: