Saturday, March 26, 2005

yesterday's post was harsh. people gain from ceremonies, tho I think we have lost our main grasp of such determined expressions. not like the old days. and the ceremonial eulogy, I guess people find value in those. it's a certain writerly strictness on my part that keeps me from accepting such expressions. part of my training, if you will, as a writer, involves this sort of rigour. I think that's a reasonable thing. I am securely enough a writer to think that the craft exists at all times for me. one might, that is, need to write well in one's job, or for some organiazation's newsletter, or whatever. and one takes that seriously, but not in the way of one who declares writing as his or her craft. but why blithereth me so? I have been released from a duty that was hard, grew harder over the years, cost me, and yet gave me something I wish anyone to have as well. at least 3 emotions are actively affecting me at this time, yet I feel good. looking forward. and hwo are you?

No comments: