Thursday, April 28, 2005

I stopped reading Here Comes Everybody regularly as its repetitions started to cause a blur. asking the same questions of everyone has its value, and then it has its weakness. I still think it is an excellent project. Jukka's take is fascinating. he says he's only been writing for 3 years. jinkies!!! well indeed, there's that freshness to his work. I took up painting 3 years ago. so I approach it as someone with mature artistic sensibilties (grant me the mature part: I've been writing for 35 years). as a dumbass American, I'm fascinated by ESLs (a joke someone told me: what do you call one who speaks 3 languages? trilingual. what do you call one who speaks 2? bilingual. what do you call one who speaks one? American). to work in a 2nd language adds this special tension and let us say shift. Jukka as editor has wideranging taste. cerainly is an energetic fellow.

No comments: