Sunday, May 29, 2005

Henry blows off steam here. readerhip gets a scolding. the plaint is a little too self-pitying. Henry's poems get published, and his blog gets read and discussed, so I'm not convinced that no one gets him. I understand the feeling behind the statement of neglect, tho. I see Henry's work set on a unique path, and his craftsmanship is evident. skill and idiosyncracy together make an engaging blend. the scene is transitory, and shouldn't be worried over. the poetry scene gets forgotten. read the reviews written by Poe and James, see how many writers that they reviewed have otherwise entered your ken. because Henry risks the personal and odd, it takes readers a while to comprise his effort. I like Henry's work, but at this point in my reading--I've yet to make a concerted reading (not for lack of interest)--it's all pretty mysterious. yet lovely even so. we as readers aren't so much slow as external to the events that Henry writes of and in. readership will catch up, tho whether in time to provide Henry a nifty epitaph, I dunno. I like that Henry started a new blog, historical musings. sticking with the process, and for our benefit too. Henry generously supplied me with his books when we met last year (check out my Ex Poetical listing), and I look forward to digging deeper.

No comments: