Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Beth's mother gave us a hot air popcorn popper that she had. I admit the concept of such escaped me, when they 1st came on the market. I likes my popcorn well enough, tho any pop in a storm. I mean, I'll take the stuff the cinemas serve, guaranteed fresh once, slathered in that oily stuff. I've never done corn popped on the cob, nor in those campfire grates. use to have an electric popper, modestly ancient, which was fun to overfill with popcorn seeds. microwave is merely handy, lacks the full popcorn experience. a wok does a surprising job. the oil gets hot quick, and the popcorn pops almost immediately. this hot air marvel made good workmanlike noise. there's a cap at the top by which you can measure the seed AND in which melt butter during the popping process. let the evolutionists enjoy that felicity of style! once the popcorn started popping (somewhat slow, if you ask me), I felt an exuberent rush. I ran to get my camera. well, I didn't get great pictures. aiming up the delivery chute was chancy, as the chute was exhausting hot air with the popcorn. I just couldn't capture the energy of the exploded seeds. the popcorn seemed pretty decent, tho perhaps a trifle rubbery.

No comments: