Sunday, July 17, 2005

I just wanted to point to this site again: Access to Insight. an awesome wealth of writings on buddhism, mostly from the Theravada tradition. if you have interst in buddhism, this site offers a ton of texts and commentaries. it's very well organized, updated frequently, an essential library. you can download the entire site, 11mb, so that you can proceed without being achored to the net. buddhism seems like the most practical of spiritiual exercies, which is as far into proselytizing as I hope to go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

and for those
more attracted to Tibetan Buddhism
lots good here:

http://www.tibet.com/Buddhism/

Simple Theories said...

thanks, Suzanne. I'm interested in any buddhism that'll have me. I'll add the link.

Anonymous said...

in particular then, Allen
I'd recommend Robert Thurman's translations of Tibetan texts
and his books on the subject