Thursday, July 21, 2005

old fart weekend warrior injury, a muscle strain or tear above the knee. not the knee itself, thankfully (after some 50,000 miles run, no knee probs!!!). Beth sensibly voted against my less than better judgment, so we went to the hospital. as Beth noted, in the summer, emergency ward is filled with injuries, in the winter, sick old people. must be 15 years since I've needed such attention. I was given a leg stabilizer, a soft brace running most of the length of my leg. it's only a dull ache if I don't move wrong but wow if I do. dull news, I know. on leaving, a crowd entered, apparently from a horrific accident. a teenager was wailing, worried that he'd killed someone. jeez. earlier a girl in socer uniform was called to be seen. she had a leg injury. the nurse asked if she needed a wheelchair. her father glibly answered, oh she's just faking the limp. which made the girl smile.

No comments: