Friday, August 12, 2005

how's my typing?

appearances to the contrary, I do go back and read my posts, to see, and often correct, my typos and mislocutions. oh, got to leave a few in, to give that lived in look to the writing, just as expert knitters throw a loop to show that no machine produced the item. which brings me to a point where I could use the acronym LOL, but I sure as hell aint going there. anyway. just now in the Ellis post I removed a 'u' that had attached itself to plainly, and changed them to then. I see that I wrote 'said my debt', when I must've meant 'paid my debt'. how fluid! my typing really has worsened since typewriter days. I'm no faster but much sloppier. invariably now I mistype the by dropping the 't', rather than the more normal, and spellcheckable, teh or hte. I don't always correct my mistakes, sometimes because of serendiptous delight at finding, sometimes because I can't fathom what I intended. or I just don't notice. the unavoidable mechanical aspect of writing. and my handwriting offers even greater challenges to the later reading, especially when the Muse is really jammin'. these concerns are present fairly often when I write, not as backburner as you might think. the sensation of the distance from where the writing comes from and where it goes to. which hazards into an area of Buddhist concern, but I won't play that chord.

No comments: