Tuesday, November 29, 2005

terrific post by Nick Piombino, ruminating here and there, to end with some useful thoughts on Ted Berrigan. John Latta fizzed recently about blogging, that the preening and networking can make for a tiresome experience. to which I agree. but there's potential for a NY energy in the medium, if you go. not into snotty ass tiffs, but go for a ride. that's Berrigan to me, he rode it. which doesn't mean speed up unless speed is your dialect. Nick rambles at a pace and it is just the thing. when I write about Ikea or shopping the mall, the conscious thought is that this is a ride of surprise, which I would choose over the kind of entrenchments one sees often enough, the spectacle of being so right. I mean, when your opinion isn't surprising to yourself, why bother the go? so I'm happy to read Nick's wandering course, with its implicit I didn't know it was a subject. subjects are for essays.

No comments: