Wednesday, October 04, 2006

we watched a show on Isaac Newton last week, made us want to get Principia. Erin's a bit more scientifically minded than Beth or me but we all three have interest in that direction. Barnes & Noble let us down concerning Principia (we didn't want to pay text book prices, yikes), and Opticks as well, so I tried Amazon. both books were available in their used book round up. I dunno what up with B&N regarding Newton, because it turns out that Principia is published by Dover in an inexpensive edition and I've gotten several books by the cheapo pub dom publisher that published Opticks. both copies were in new condition, too. anyway, I took advantage of this raid on Amazon to get Telling the Future Off by Stephanie Young (Tougher Disguises 2005). I'm pretty sure she's the real thing. I mean I've gotten away from excoriating what aint so real--let it moulder, sez I--but the urge to go ahem and point out a leaning towards tripe does build up at times. I trust Young, and I don't say that lightly or often. so I look forward to reading a full book by her. tra la.

No comments: