Wednesday, April 07, 2004

the bloggy self consciousness is not to my taste but I guess I should get it out of my system. blogs have been widely defined as places of fast frequent ruminations, talking journals, but that expectation is limiting. with R&S I am thinking merely that it's an easy website that doesn't require html knowledge. in doing R&S, I wanted the modest challege of writing at the moment, in the blogger box, not scrapping up poems to I'd written previously. there's a theme of sorts, a serial run. Ron Silliman writes chunky essays whereas Carl Annarummo exudes odd flakes of word excitement. they exhibit quite different but equally interesting blog definitions. blogging seems more like network than community. I think of community as inclusive whereas network suggests (to me) a connection among the chosen. all bloggers are prone to forget how boring they can be.

No comments: