Friday, January 07, 2005

a poem I posted to Trade Station. it consists of the words in the 1st panel of today's Rhymes With Orange comic strip, and some of the words in the final panel of today's Dilbert. when a method becomes methodical one enters into the world of repetition. today the authors in eternity used comic strips to get their poem across. the point would be to be open to possibilities. that a single way of writing doesn't exist. I don't need to explain my limitations but sometimes, even so, I notice a different means. yesterday John Bennett posted a poem with the occasional word spelled backwards. he has experimented with that a bit, but yesterday's poem really worked for me. the effect is of oblique emphasis. unscrambling the words you land on them longer than you might otherwise. interesting that one of the words used was nword, which itself has a life as a word, a highly charged one. I was about to post John's poem but I can't do the format, and tho Google archives Wryting (as Fiction of Philosophy), it is several weeks behind. anyway, I liked the poem that came my way today.

No comments: