Monday, March 07, 2005

I suppose the next step after getting a tarot deck is to file my teeth all pointy and Crowleyesque and go looking for goats to slaughter. hmm, that would probably demand a professional, which would cost ducats, could be messy too... hmmm... okay, but a mix of rational and irrational marks poetry, yes? structural and procedural issues abound in poetry. yet work in which all that one perceives is the demands of these elements, that work is lacking. I mean, if you only notice the rhyme scheme developement of a poem, or the Fibonnaci series tracing off, and not 'the poem itself' (that machine or flying object), then something's gang agley. likewise if mighty inspiration is the only engine to a work, that too is tired and agone: Walt you contain too much! I like Jung because he thought of himself as a medical doctor, yet he was willing to loop out of the ride. at one point in his life, he started setting aside an hour a day to play with children's toys. harbinger of sand therapy (basically playing in a sandbox, to open highly protected paths). I see tarot as a similar mechanism for opening. the past 2 days I've been dealing with family issues surrounding my father's return home tomorrow. I feel like when my father dies, I will not see my family again. those types of issues, and very present ones, obviously. Beth did a tarot reading yestreen with me. you cannot help bringing what is closest to you into what you see in the cards. just as you would with a work of art. yeah, there's something irrational there, just as dreams have a morsel of the irrational to them. yet they are rational mechanisms. I can see the rationale of tarot, or other forms of divination. but then that guy at Starbuck's saying 'the Bible told me so', and his science friends stuck in their vocabulary. well, I'm thinking on it all.

No comments: