Sunday, May 22, 2005

I make nothing whatever of these questions that Fulcrum posed to Ron Silliman. first of all, they're loaded, or at least expectant. hopeful of creating a buzz. I guess they have, and well enough: Fulcrum's a good pub. for myself, tho, what joy I get from poetry doesn't derive from the logic that these questions spring from. does yours? I guess we can agree to disagree, just don't bore me. I think (god knows I can't be sure) that I was drawn to poetry specifically because it wasn't of such logical basis as these questions plangently purport. these questions belong in the explain-jokes category. William Blake would make a perfect hash (kick ass!!!) of these questions, and well he should. building a corral around a leaping antelope, or some such figure to suggest the bland attempts to restrict the excilient. and by the way, the commentary to Ron's post is pestilential: wow to the max how bad.

No comments: