Monday, May 23, 2005

Jonathan Mayhew's poetry poll outdoes the Fulcrum one by a good several leagues. I grok them, whereas, etc. Jack Kimball and Gary Sullivan answer JM valiantly, links supplied by himself. perhaps I'll answer the poll myself, when less tired (tired's a constant lately, running on adrenalin, of which, I fear, there's a limited supply)(sadness eats adrenalin). I think I would, like Jack, cite Pound as the poet who I admire who I understand least. there's such lucidity in Pound's criticism, and in the Cantos, and then... omne is forced to add it all up, and it just don't go. Jonathan's poll questions show a worthy lucidity themselves. I'd like to compare his poll with Fulcrums's, because F's questions are perfectly unrespondable by my lights, whereas JM's questions set things going.

No comments: