Monday, May 29, 2006

this is Ben Friedlander's statement given at the OlsonNow All Nude and Paradoxical Heroin Addiction Show. I found Ben's talk engaging, clear and a nice antidote to that bloated gassy feeling. it aint my job to defend Olson, I can only advert the value I've found in my study (different from idolization) of his work. I would aver that endless remakes of Frank O'Hara are no more valuable than endless remakes of Olson. Ben (how'd I get so friendly?) marks some interesting trails one could follow. that I don't care much for T S Eliot (for instance) speaks of my taste, and my way of knowing. this fact doesn't really describe the team I'm on. okay, it marks my limitations, but I am not proud of my limitations. I think Ben Friedlander indicates some of the life still to be found in Olson's work, but if it don't work for you, that's okay too.

No comments: