Friday, September 24, 2004

glad to see this post from Chris Murray. there are always people out there who can say it better. I'd've liked to've been to the Zukofsky event, yet even were I close by, I mightn't've made the bother of going, just for the expectation of disappointment. plus it's a gunslinger sitch, where's your cred. really, the greatest honour to LZ would be the reading of his work, in earnest of respect for the writing. not to say people's glimmers aren't interesting and useful. I find Stephen Vincent's "Walking Theory" to be a great (I won't put this in terms of comparison) tribute to LZ for the poems radiate lessons from LZ, while remaining fully SV's work. a practical example, that is. boxing up LZ and delivering him to a class structure kinda sends energy in the wrong direction. the 80 or whatever attendance is not, by my lights, a good turn out.

No comments: