Saturday, September 25, 2004

a reason Henry's work in progress interests, and why it should interest you, is that it is happening now. Olson died before I'd herd of him, but I did await the 3rd volume of Maximus with keen interest. I've seen Rachel Blau DuPlessis' Drafts build over time, tho its appearance coincided with my own drift from poetry in the 90s, so it is only recently that I've givern her work due attention. the other big works were largely done before I came along. well, I did witness Duncan's later work as it appeared. the point being the opportunity to see the work grow. Lanny Quarles asked of John M Bennett, on Wryting-L, if there were any in depth considerations of John's work. and of course, there's little beyond reviews. but it's a good question. instead of waiting for the next generation to confirm what we suspect, we should pile on, get in.

No comments: