Monday, May 15, 2006

2 great interviews by Tom Beckett at Will To Exchange: Jim McCrary and Gary Sullivan. I'll have to rummage around for work by McCrary--I think he shows up in some Olsonian issues of Grossinger's Io and that'd be all I gots--I feel close to his sensibility. as I read Sullivan's interview, I thought that it just provides more for critics to work with other than, you know, the poetry itself. someone's going to try to hang Gary by his own petard, e'en tho the only useful petard by which to hang a poet would be the poetry itself. I think what I liked about McCrary's interview, his pleasure in poetry. if critics 1st of all evinced a pleasure in poetry, as a kinda general thing and all, I'd feel better. Jordan Davis picks out the right nugget from Gary's interview, that if people expended as much energy against the empire as against the artists, well wouldn't that be jolly. both writers love poetry and are articulate, and as always, Tom's right in it.

No comments: