Monday, April 19, 2004

I should advert the wryting-l list. I have contributed to it for some 5 years (that includes its predecessor list, FOP (fiction of philosophy): by the time I got on the list, that title no longer applied to the list content-- I don't even know what fiction of philosophy intended to convey). I am comfortable sending pieces to the list, and have at tiems been pretty busy at it. not now, I just pick ou a bit here and there to post. a number of the contributors to the list work with code, or do net art, others are more textually-oriented, and experimental. not a lot of talk on the list, which is good (to my taste). I was going to name names, but then it seems that the whole should be taken to account. mIEKAL aND wrote once of how the various writers twine together. it's true. a number of busy writers on the list, pouring out a steady stream, with currents mixing. Alan Sondheim, Lewis Lacook and Jeff Harrison (among others) all post to several lists. Sheila Murphy has written that she writes specifically to wryting, that what she posts works out of what she reads on the list. I have my own standards of what I will post. a few times I have posted everything I've written over a period, posting immediately upon completion. I have also posted serial work. at any rate, Wryting is a community more than Poetics is. Poetics people too often decree what aint appropriate to the list. only rarely do I post old stuff, usually only if it popped up,and been rewritten. an archive exists for the list. a Google search might get you the address for subscribing.

No comments: