Thursday, April 22, 2004

in all due merriment, phone trouble disserved: I couldn't get ON LINE. reading Hegel and Heidegger today. I dig my Hegel piece, feel inspired: I've taken to taking phrases and either bending or just delivering, that's a writing course. Heidegger I underlined today while intent. smoke of moment served. I like these tired and intending, the way words gust into tiredly, after exercise and ready. I like that. I used to run in the morning, at the time pretty good mileage, 10-15 miles. in the afternoon, after a short nap (on such days) I would read/write. several hours worth of that slurred moments. reading Being and Time slowly, but it comes together. and the Hegel thing I'm writing is a way of entering his preposterous yet straining wonderful words. Hegel's density is an ornate shuffle and shove, and it really tempts to startle there. there's such a foreign clunk to the reading, only partly attributable to translation (I figure), but it also slavishly renders a moment, tears at things, feels solidly for all that. my Hegel piece, 7 pages at this point, resounds for me.

No comments: