Saturday, January 22, 2005

so anyway, I got accepted to the masters program at Lesley University. long strange trip? out of high school I went to an experimental and/or hippie institution: Franconia College. I was motivated as a writer and I didn't go to pot, so to speak, so the situation was good for me. I stayed 2 years. 30 years later the idea arises to finish off the degree. Lesley accepted both me and my credits, tho, since Francionia is like totally defunct, I had to get confirmation from the then Dean at Franconia, Leon Botstein, now dean at Bard College, that my pass/fail passes were C or better. then swirled around in the adult learner's process, whoop whoop. writing formal papers was the challenge, as I hadn't written anything formal since 11th grade. I didn't study literature, I've been doing that for 30 plus years. so now a masters, eh? I'm doing an independent study. it's only later in life that I've come to looking at my artistic process. before, such a consideration would've stricken me, made me self-conscious. I can handle it now, and usefully.

No comments: