Thursday, March 03, 2005

I feel like such a goofball with the camera. everywhere I look, I could take a pic. to the left in Bend is Sleepy Hollow Cemetery, where Thoreau sleeps. if you drop by, do what everyone else does: leave an evergreen bough and a slurpy hunk of prose about how much Henry's example has guided your life. Henry will appreciate your kind words. somewhere in there is a large marble structure featuring a woman in a flowing Greekish robe. I assumed at 1st that she was the Virgin Mary, but then I considered that her breasts were bared, so she must be a Greek goddess. the structure was erected by a man in honour of his three brothers who died in the Civil War. one of whom was at Andersonville. it's not tacky at all, I find the site quite moving.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how can you feel so when there are no less than 30 very fine pictures of the dash board of the car and other jewels such as the pics of your feet and hands on the steering wheel? dorothy and ansell never had it soooo good.