Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Ratchet Up

I'm thinking I will write something someday, in the day of grains. It won't be posh or the gravelly residue of effect (where you live some days) but a motion after trading. isn't that a picture, pristine as closing, or do I just streak with fast into, knowing that gradually has a distance? we could have an electric rifling thru of page after page after page, written in neat logarithm, thrift being the world's care for tradition. and you and me, together, crust and puncture, but also roads after dark for a kiss of slight bending. the reading will be crow over tool trees, buttering hawk crunch with an effective marionette. but you, your porous literal alphabet has been baking, baking inside a looser christian basis, whereas mine, the stretch down the road over which, your meaning seems largely muttered for clearing. could we agree that poetry names a few things that we have not yet stoned? look to the whales when the next wave gives in. we are friends.

5 comments:

Sheila Murphy said...

this is sterling. think I wrote so on wryting, but thought it more personal to say so here. I also love your photographs; they are crystalline. today is adjective day :)

Sheila Murphy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sheila Murphy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Simple Theories said...

thank you, Sheila. you are a writer who I admire, so your words please me. and the tourist taking all the pictures is pleased as well.

Simple Theories said...

Christ, it looks like I'm blotting out comments by Sheila, but it is OKAY, just replications of her initial comment. I won't delete 'you suck' comments, if yoiu are of a mind to darken my day.