Sunday, May 02, 2004

a woman from Antigua told me her recipe for hot sauce. simply put: vinegar, habanero peppers, garlic and thyme. I gave it a go but tho I love hot sauce, Ich bin ein New Englander, thus it is my heritage to suspect any food with flavour. this is something I must face. well, I took a quart of apple vinegar, added maybe 6 peppers, quartered, eight or so cloves of garlic of varying (always) size and a few sprigs of thyme. she said you can use it right away, but it will gain potency. when she saw my handiwork she said, you need more peppers. I added the last pepper that I had, and more garlic. not bad!!!. some sauces are quite potable straight. this one wants to marry with food. wicked good with tomato, and I have used with on salad. save yourself by similar means.

No comments: