Thursday, July 08, 2004

*** reminiscence dangereux ***

5 years ago I began to write... okay, not a literal truth. I broke thru constraints then, allowing me into a new territory. my dog died, see, I even watched the light go out in her eyes, and that shook me to the need. I know this all sounds sloppy eyed, but skip to the point. I developed a to hell with it that let me just write PROSE and not worry that I wasn't meeting L=A&N#G!U@A^G%E standards. my teacher long ago was Rober Grenier. this was pre-Langpo, when no one knew anything. RG was shifting towards the minimalism that we see now in his writ. contrary to possible expectations, he didn't try to inculcate me or anyone into his particular modernism. in fact he pointed me towards Koch and OHara. I felt his influence, langpo influence, Olson influence, for a long time. until I reached a point where I came into my own. I'll never have the public confidence of Jordan Davis, but I am not awed by others. I owe Grenier, and Olson, etc, but have come to my own. it is a vital feeling.

No comments: