Tuesday, July 06, 2004

watched "Evil Alien Conquerors", in which two aliens attempt to conquer Earth using swords that shrank while they were beamed here. they were so earnest in their expectation of beheading every inhabitant of the planet within the next two days. if they did not then Croaker would come after them. he being a 100' tall killing machine. but of course he too suffers shrinkage during transport, tho never catches on to this fact. it was a screwy flick that managed to maintain its balance. I watch very little tv now. I used to watch a lot, always seeking the most compellingly lame product. I flinch at the thought of quality Hollywood films. tho the Hollywood films I've seen lately haven't offended me: Spiderman 1, H Potter 1, Load (sic) of the Rings (I was however annoyed quite often with LOTR, as for instance when Legolas transformed into Spidey to kill the Oliphaunt), Troy, Hidaldo. I'm not asking for much, just keep me away from two cute lawyers waking up to discovered they're MARRIED!!! or all these explosion movies I see in trailers. I'm leery of Spidey 2, but only because that wearisome shit about the sensitive superhero, Stan Lee's contribution to the comix genre.

No comments: