Friday, July 09, 2004

saw Spider Man 2. trying to make sense of secret identities is a waste of time, altho all the comic books did it. I find Spidey's inability to reveal himself a tiresome theme. I remember seeing Buck Owens AND the Buckaroos in the Salt Lake City airport. a stir in the crowd. ole Buck constantly removed his sunglasses to peer around then put then back on, which I took to be leave me alone plus hey look at me. superheroes might as well act like that. as in the scene in the elevator in Spidey2. luckily S2 doesn't bog in that stuff. given how the Batman series kept choosing one loser after another, it's nice to see how well Tobey Maguire fits the role. I'm deciding if I want to totally hate CGI, for it so often looks cheesy, but Spidey's romps thru the city are pretty engrossing. I love the impossible angles you get of NYC. the theatre was full of elderly women when we arrived. when we left we were alone. I spent a few seconds watching the credits to see who the grip was, but I don't think that I took so long that a herd of elderly women could rush from the theatre. I wonder if the noise and violence sent them packing early. I may wonder this for the rest of my days.

No comments: