Saturday, August 07, 2004

Jim Behrle's cartoons about Ron Silliman's temporary (we can only hope!) disappearance from the blog scene are very funny. Darth Silliman, you are not my father!!! Silliman's bêtes blancs Curt Faville, Rae Armantrout adn Rachel Blau DuPlessis are in agitation that Ron's energy isn't behind them currently. yahonk! I felt so dumb in my roseate youth what with the writers I didn't get, a prodigious list. some who I didn't initially get, Olson for instance, nonetheless interested me. Pound aggravated me, but I worked my way thru that. the same way with Stein. Eliot just pissed me off, then bored me. etc. we create monsters with some of these people. or a tendency exists of setting up monolithic critical values. some poetry labelled LANGUAGE is just sucky stuff, okay? it happens. and yakking up critical storms just don't make things better. I found that even the writers I like mucho, say Olson, can be oppressive, even bullying, in the sense that they, finally, speak of their condition, and I as a writer am finding my own way. tra la.

No comments: