Thursday, August 05, 2004

Nick Piombino linked to my comments on Bossacre. 1 thing: I guess I should link to his blog. mere gesture, as this blog is barely read (but notice that I keep cranking away: bonus points for persistence!). it's only fair to look like I am reciprocating, thoonly so little. I read his blog, of course. 2nd thing: how frozen my opinions seem. I'm not going after Aaron Kiely in my comments. I do not love poetry just for being poetry, so I am going to weigh what I like and dislike. AK's strengths as a poet are his humour and flakiness, both of which I take seriously. I do not take the statement in his poem seriously, that his heart is broken. such a phrase efforts to condition a response, and I choose not to repsond as prescribed. I've read quite a few reports re Bossacre and there has been little on the negative side. I guess because such events are social, first of all. as I said earlier, where Aaron gangs agley is where I stray as well. it's useful to me to cogitate upon such considerations. it's no reflection on the event or even the poet, and I may think differently tomorrow.

No comments: