Friday, August 06, 2004

later that same day...

Bernstein: Encrusted language resumes the dubious march toward...
Watten: Hold on a second, Charles, I believe you have reached a constriction in your approach.
Bernstein: I have no approach beyond the apposite infringement of detail.
Robinson: What do you mean by 'hold', Barrett? Clearly you don't mean physically...
Watten: Metaphor has become as normalized as breathing. The political contortions we accept as given fill us with a beaded sort of rancour.
Robinson: Oh, sure, you say that now.
Perelman: I believe I read somewhere that Truman Capote didn't believe in tea.
Robinson: Barrett, what do you mean by 'fill'? Should we accept that you meant something?
Hejinian: I want to hear more of Charles's sense of apposite infringement of detail. It seems to add a filigree to the pendulum of meaning as evidenced in this current conversation, and relating, of course to previous talks.
Perelman: I'm not sure of the plural for pendulum. Lyn, have you ever used the plural form of pendulum?

meanwhile...

No comments: