Sunday, September 26, 2004

to wit:

Mushroom Forest is my 1st try at rubbing mushroom prints. since they were light-coloured prints, the soors faint, I 1st sprayed with hairspray to fix the spoors, then rubbed with graphite pencil. the image looks better in hand, but I admit I went too far with the thing. Imp Print is a better rendering. I've had trouble getting decent prints because my cat regards mushroom caps spread out on paper as a clear instigation, so he's taken to knocking them off when I'm elsewise engaged. there are 2 shroom prints on the floor thanks to this terrorist's vision and energy. Book Art is simply 2 pages of a used book I have. Geof Huth recently presented a Wallace Stevens poem that he (Geof) had doodled and taken notes on. the previous owner of my book performed a lot of doodles. one story in the book, almost every phrase was underlined, but not as if the reader were getting something from the book, just underlining as the teacher spoke.

No comments: