Saturday, October 30, 2004

I'll shut up soon, but not yet. I troped over to Kasey Mohammad's blog, to find this. I went goo in the eyes trying to read from the 6th word on. and gave up. okay, I'd rather write than read. I guess I have a sense of post-language, or post-modern. I've hit a few books inmy time. there just aint much need for those terms on my ranch. I wonder what the use of talking about them is. I mean as a writer. I was more intersted in Tim Peterson's response in the comments field (what we might as well call the Faville Field and have done). I saw the play in what Tim was doing, whereas KSM semed to be building a straight line. KSM is as lively a writer as is around--you can bet he wouldn't use a phrase such as 'as is around', by gum--but I couldnt/can't upload his matter here. I really don't get the point of studying this in college. what, to inculcate the minds of the next generation? let them inculcate their own minds! I may be refuting here what I said in the Hessian post. I mean about -ology, any -ology in a storm. true for tv viewing, not the real world, maybe. I find poetry largely dull and stultifying, so I welcome a visit from excitement and magic. I mean, okay, I better work on my own writing re those terms. 86,000 couplets about the Red Sox might just fill the bill...

No comments: