Wednesday, April 26, 2006

I got hooked by University of California Press's bonzo sale, to wit:

Creeley's Collected--30 years missing from the real collection, but it includes several books I don't have, and inspires me to go back to this source!!!

Paul Klee's diaries--a favourite painter, and I love journals

Lorine Niedecker's collected--she's wonderful, really. you might think of her as complementary to Zukofsky, and there's something to that, but there's something about surviving in her work, finding a voice despite impossibleness. I just happened on this nifty nugget:

Van Gogh could see
twenty-seven varieties
of black
in cap-
italism

Olson's collected prose--he's always been a college for me, and tho I have much of the stuff here, I didn't have Call Me Ishmael

complete posthumous poetry of Cesar Vallejo (Eshleman/Barcia)--Vallejo has always interested me but I haven't read a great deal. am I right in thinking Spanish translations are often terrible? maybe I associate all Spanish translations with Robert Bly. I feel I can trust Eshleman to some extent, at least. this is by no means an expert opinion.

Juliana Spahr's This Connection of Everyone with Lungs--courtesy Jack Kimball's enthusiasm (I seem to be stalking Jack, don't I?). I was pulled in immediately. powerful reaction to 9/11.

No comments: